Operational Approval Applications
Submit applications for Operational Approval using the Operational Approval to Conduct Research in the SHA Application Form. The Principal Investigator named on the OA application must be the same as on the Research Ethics Board-issued research ethics certificate. Include all relevant attachments with your application.
To complete the OA form online via a data collection tool created in REDCap™, researchers can:
- save and re-access partially completed forms;
- share the link to the form with other members of the research team to facilitate the completion of the form; and
- obtain the Principal Investigator’s signature electronically on the form (using a touch screen or mouse to provide the signature).
Once approved, the PI must submit amendments to studies if they:
- add or remove departments or facilities; or
- change the data collected from SHA sources (e.g., Health Information Services, Sunrise Clinical Manger, administrative data).
The PI submits amendments on the Amended Operational Approval to Conduct Research Application form. The PI must also amend and resubmit to the REB.
Additional questions can be addressed to SHA Research Approvals Coordinators: