What can I do to keep everyone safe in an SHA facility?
There are additional risks of exposure to COVID-19 for anyone entering an SHA facility.
To enter, you must:
- undergo daily screening
- practice good hand hygiene throughout your time in the facility
- wear a mask so it covers your nose, mouth and chin and/or any other personal protective equipment that may be required
- keep your mask on at all times, and refrain from lowering it to talk
- practice physical distancing of two meters in all spaces including common areas and respect signage
- keep movement within the facility to a minimum
- leave the building as soon as you’re done
Those who refuse to comply with masking requirements may be asked to leave.
Will I be screened?
- Yes, daily screening is required before entering any SHA facility.
- There is a screening station at all open entrances of SHA sites.
Note that some information may be updated or changed, pending how COVID-19 evidence continues to evolve. It is important to maintain a balance between these recommendations and patient/resident needs.