Hip and Knee Pathway - Patient Information
Saskatchewan has a care pathway for people with hip and knee osteoarthritis who may need joint replacement surgery. Patients are referred to a Multi-Disciplinary Clinic where they are assessed and care options discussed. Patients choosing a surgical option learn what to expect before, during and after surgery. When surgery is not the preferred option, the clinics also help patients access non-surgical care in the community. Clinics are located in Saskatoon, Regina, Prince Albert, and Moose Jaw.
Hip and Knee Pathway Clinics
Multi-disciplinary clinics assess patients who may need a hip or knee replacement. The clinics:
- Offer a standard patient assessment process.
- Provide consultations with an experienced health-care team dedicated to improving patients’ quality of life and health.
- Confirm patients’ need for surgery and provide surgical consults and surgical bookings (if patient is a surgical candidate).
- Provide faster referral to specialists and surgeons.
- Provide patient education, educational sessions, and take-home information to prepare patients for surgery.
- Follow up with patients after surgery to speed recovery.
- Offer access to community partners, other health professionals, and ongoing follow-up and support.
Clinics provide earlier access to assessment, education, and preparation for surgery. This results in higher quality patient care and more streamlined, standardized services.
- Saskatoon Hip and Knee Clinic
Saskatoon City Hospital
701 Queen Street
Saskatoon, SK S7K 0M7
- Regina Hip and Knee Treatment and Research Centre
Regina Centre Crossing Building
Surgical Assessment Centre
102 - 1621 Albert Street
Regina, SK S4P 2S5
- Moose Jaw Multi-Disciplinary Clinic
Therapies Department, Moose Jaw Union Hospital
455 Fairford Street East
Moose Jaw, SK S6H 1H3
- Prince Albert Multi-Disciplinary Clinic
Therapies Department, Victoria Hospital
1200 - 24th Street West
Prince Albert, SK S6V 5T4
Hip and Knee Information for Patients
The following booklets and videos will help you prepare for, and recover from, total hip or knee replacement surgery: