The program is designed to assist in the care of those clients whose BMI (Body Mass Index) is between 40 and 70.
Patients with a BMI between 35 and 40 will be considered for treatment at the clinic if there are one or more medical conditions, such as:
- Cardiopulmonary problems
- Sleep apnea
- Diabetes mellitus
- High blood pressure
To be eligible you must:
- Be a resident of Saskatchewan, with an active Saskatchewan health card,
- Be over the age of 18,
- Be a non-smoker at the time of referral (this includes vaping and marijuana),
- Have no active substance abuse,
- Not be pregnant or plan to become pregnant during the program,
- Have had previous weight loss attempts,
- Be motivated and willing to make eating and lifestyle changes,
- Commit to all aspects of the program, and
- Be mentally and medically fit for surgery.