Forever . . . in Motion Leader Training Workshop
Forever…in motion leaders are men and women from the community that have the desire to help older adults become physically active. Leaders can be of any age, and no previous experience is required.
We provide a 30-hour training session where you will learn about safe physical activities, basic muscle groups, how to modify physical activity for chronic conditions, balance and fall prevention. A hands-on practical component is also key in this training. The fee for leader training is $40, which covers the cost of a manual and link to video, T-shirt, and a binder with training material.
To find out where the Saskatchewan Health Authority is hosting upcoming Forever...in motion programs, click on the following:
Benefits of becoming a Forever…in motion leader include:
- Training is provided
- 2 leader gatherings per year to meet other leaders and for learning development
- Becoming a registered volunteer with the Saskatchewan Health Authority
- Get to be physically active
- Chance to be creative
- Social opportunities and friendships
- Chance to make a real difference in improving the health of older adults
- Participants always love their leader!
Emergency Procedures for Forever...in motion Leaders
- Forever...in motion Incident Report Form
In case of an emergency or incident that may occur during a Forever…in motion class, we recommend leaders have the Forever…in motion Incident Report form and Emergency Contact list at all Forever…in motion classes.
- Forever... in motion Emergency Contact List