Quick Facts Regarding Kidney Disease
- Kidney disease affects 1 in 10 people in Saskatchewan and many do not know it.
- From April 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020 in Saskatchewan, there were:
- 1018 people receiving life sustaining dialysis
- 1165 people were treated for chronic kidney disease (CKD) in specialized CKD clinics
- 55,800 hemodialysis treatments performed
- 53 kidney transplants were done in 2019
- The most common causes of kidney disease in Saskatchewan are diabetes and high blood pressure.