The Asthma Program incorporates three equally important pillars in their programming: Disease Specific Management, Self Management and Exercise Training. Engaging clients in all three components optimizes health and quality of life outcomes.
Patients presenting in the emergency room or being hospitalized with asthma can be referred by any health care professional to the LiveWell Asthma Program.
The LiveWell Asthma Program provides education consisting of but not limited to:
- Asthma pathophysiology
- The role and use of medications and devices
- Identifying individual triggers and incorporating avoidance strategies
- Recognizing signs of worsening asthma Peak flow monitoring if indicated
- Development of an individualized action plan
- General chronic disease management strategies
In-Patient Education Site of Service
Royal University Hospital (electronic referral)
Saskatoon City Hospital/Saint Paul’s Hospital (Fax 306-655-6758)
Humboldt district Hospital (HDH) 1-855-250-7070 (phone) 306-682-4417 (fax)