Patient & Family Partners
“We work together for Better Health, Better Teams, Better Values, and Better Care for all the people of Saskatchewan.”
The Saskatchewan Health Authority way is to Learn, Grow, and Lead.
This means we listen and learn from one another.
Patient and Family Centred Care is at the heart of everything within the Saskatchewan Health Authority.
Patient Family Partners offer Guidance for Better Health Care by:
- Having direct input into policies & programs affecting patient care
- Improving the quality and safety of the patient experience
- Advancing the SHA’s priority of Patient & Family Centered Care
- Participating on committees, councils, focus groups, etc.
- Sharing their healthcare experiences at SHA events, meetings and planning days
Patient Family Partners can be anyone with Health Care experience:
- Support person
Patient Family Partners Responsibilities
- Speaking to what it is really like to be a patient or family receiving care
- Represent the people receiving health care services in Saskatchewan
- Build strong working relationships with SHA staff members
- Be respectful of various views and backgrounds
- Identify and communicate both concerns and solutions
- Tell your story
It’s Easy to Become a Patient Family Partner
If you are interested in becoming a Patient Family Partner, register online with Better Impact. Once you’re registered, a member of the Patient Family Centred Care Team will contact you. If you are already registered with another organization who uses Better Impact, register using your existing log in.
Requesting a Patient Family Partner - For Health Providers
Complete the Patient Family Partner request form.
Due to the COVID-19 response, all partner participation will be virtual. The Patient and Client Experience Department will notify partners when this changes.