Students & New Graduates
Whether you are a current student or new graduate, this section will help you learn more about the job opportunities, learner placements, programs and incentives available to you.
Incentives for Students
- The Final Health Clinical Placement Bursary is offered by the Ministry of Health for students in a health discipline program who must complete a final clinical placement as a requirement of program completion.
- The Canadian Nurses Foundation offers a variety of scholarships to nursing students studying in Canada to help pay for books, tuition, and the occasional coffee.
- The Saskatchewan Advantage Scholarship may be available to post-secondary students who have demonstrated financial need.
Most post-secondary education institutions have awards and bursaries available to their students. There may also be funds, scholarships and awards available from professional associations and member organizations.
Incentives for New Graduates
- The Saskatchewan Rural and Remote Recruitment Incentive is a new one-time offering of up to $50,000 that is available to attract new employees in hard-to-recruit positions for rural and remote areas, as well as urban centres that support rural and remote areas to stabilize health services. The incentive packages will range from $30,000 to $50,000 depending on criteria.
- Canadian Student Loan Forgiveness for Family Doctors and Nurses offers Canada Student Loan forgiveness to eligible family doctors, residents in family medicine, nurse practitioners, and nurses who work in under-served rural or remote communities. If you are a nurse or nurse practitioner and you qualify, you could receive up to $20,000 in Canada Student Loan forgiveness over a maximum of five years.
- The Saskatchewan Student Loan Forgiveness for Nurses and Nurse Practitioners program encourages nurses and nurse practitioners to work in smaller communities. If working in an eligible community, nurses and nurse practitioners will receive forgiveness of one-fifth (20%) of their outstanding Saskatchewan Student Loan debt, up to $4,000 annually, for up to five years, to a maximum of $20,000.
- Saskatchewan Nurses Foundation supports educational opportunities for continuing nursing excellence in Saskatchewan by offering a variety of bursaries.
- The Saskatchewan Graduate Retention Program provides a rebate up to $20,000 of tuition fees paid by eligible graduates who live in Saskatchewan and who file a Saskatchewan income tax return.