Mental Health and Addictions - General Access Numbers
What to expect when you call an intake number?
When you call one of the intake lines listed below, a staff person will ask you a few questions about your needs. If there is not a person available immediately to take your call, they will get back to you within two business days.
The intake staff person will assess your needs over the phone or by appointment to determine which services or intervention might be helpful. You may be referred to groups or individual services within Mental Health and Addictions Services (MHAS) or you may be directed to support services within the community.
MHAS intake staff provide the following services
- Information on both community and MHAS services;
- Intake screening, triage, assessment, and consultation;
- Risk assessments and safety planning; and
- Referrals to support wellbeing.
For mental health and addictions emergencies, call:
- 911 or go to your nearest emergency department
- HealthLine 811 – 24/7 confidential health and mental health education and support telephone line