Forever . . . in Motion Leader Training
Forever…in motion leaders are men and women from the community that have the desire to help older adults become physically active. Leaders can be of any age, and no previous experience is required.
We provide a 30-hour training session where you will learn about safe physical activities, basic muscle groups, how to modify physical activity for chronic conditions, balance and fall prevention. A hands-on practical component is also key in this training. The fee for leader training is $40, which covers the cost of a manual and link to video, T-shirt, and a binder with training material.
Benefits of becoming a Forever…in motion leader include:
- Training is provided
- 2 leader gatherings per year to meet other leaders and for learning development
- Becoming a registered volunteer with the Saskatchewan Health Authority
- Get to be physically active
- Chance to be creative
- Social opportunities and friendships
- Chance to make a real difference in improving the health of older adults
- Participants always love their leader!