Temporary Food Events
Each year, Saskatchewan communities host many events where food is served to the public. Depending on the size of the event and the types of food being served, a temporary food service license may be required. All temporary food service events must follow the Operational Requirements for Temporary Food Events.
What am I required to do?
Events where a temporary food service license is not required
Events hosted by community organizations such as service clubs, community associations, multicultural associations, churches, schools, sports teams and recreational clubs where food is limited to :
- hot dogs;
- pre-cooked hamburgers and smokies;
- pre-packaged foods; and/or
- non-potentially hazardous food.
No application or registration for these events is required. If your organization is wishing to serve foods not listed above, please refer to the Temporary Food Service License application process below.
*Note: food trucks and mobile food carts already licensed in Saskatchewan as a Public Eating Establishment do not require a Temporary Food Service License.
Temporary food service license - events with a single vendor
For events with a single vendor selling potentially hazardous foods not listed above:
- Complete the Temporary Food Service Event - Vendor Application below.
- Submit your application to your public health inspector office at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
- A Public Health Inspector will review your application to determine if a license should be issued and if an inspection is required prior to issuing a license.
Temporary food service license - events with multiple vendors
For large food service events where multiple vendors are present (such as fairs, festivals, business promotions, street fairs, civic celebrations, and trade fairs) :
- The Event Organizer must complete the Temporary Food Service Event - Event Organizer Application and submit to the local public health inspector office 3 weeks prior to the event.
- The Event Organizer distributes and collects the completed Temporary Food Service Event - Vendor Application forms from participating food vendors and submits to our office at least 2 weeks prior to the event.