Bariatric Surgical Program - Client Eligibility
The program is designed to assist in the care of those clients whose BMI (Body Mass Index) is greater than 35 regardless of presence, absence, or severity of co-morbidities.
Patients with a BMI between 30 and 34.9 with metabolic disease will be considered.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a resident of Saskatchewan, with an active Saskatchewan health card;
- Be over the age of 18;
- Be a non-smoker at the time of referral (this includes vaping and marijuana);
- Have no active substance abuse;
- Not be pregnant or plan to become pregnant during the program;
- Have had previous weight loss attempts;
- Be motivated and willing to make eating and lifestyle changes;
- Commit to all aspects of the program; and
- Be mentally and medically fit for surgery.