Bariatric Surgical Program - Patient Roles and Responsibilities
While enrolled in the program, you are agreeing to certain roles and responsibilities:
- You must attend all appointments and group classes and be on time.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment or class, you will be re-scheduled to a later date.
- We require a minimum 24 hours' notice if you are unable to attend a scheduled appointment.
- You may be discharged from the program if you have two cancelled or rescheduled appointments. Failure to attend a scheduled appointment without notification will result in automatic discharge from the program.
- You must participate in all areas of the program. You need to be able to show that you have made lifestyle changes and are mentally prepared for surgery. This will include completing journals (food, sleep, physical activity, etc.) and being actively involved in some form of physical activity.
- You must already have started to track your food and exercise and be actively addressing your problem eating behaviours prior to being booked for your initial assessment with the team.
- You must have a current family doctor or nurse practitioner.
- You are required to be smoke free prior to starting the program (this includes vaping and marijuana). This must be maintained lifelong. Please note you will be removed from the program if you are actively smoking.
- If you move or change your contact information please ensure you notify the clinic.