Immunizations for the 2022-23 Immunization Campaign begins October 11, 2022.
Appointments open for booking starting October 4.
Book online or browse our walk-in flu shot clinics
Materials to support you in the development of your service-line plan for patient and staff immunization, including: pre-printed orders, medical directives, training requirements etc. will be posted on the intranet. Please check this page regularly for updates.
The 2022-23 Publicly Funded (Free) Flu Vaccine Program
Early vaccination means you are better protected. The flu vaccine is a safe, effective way to help people stay healthy, prevent illness and save lives.
- Flu shots are available at: public health clinics across the province, some physician and nurse practitioner offices and in local pharmacies.
- Anyone six months and older can receive the flu vaccine.
- Children age six months to five years must be immunized at an SHA public flu clinic, a public health office, or by a physician or nurse practitioner.
- Getting vaccinated is especially important for people at high-risk of influenza complications (pregnant women, young children, elderly, persons with underlying health conditions, immune-compromised) and their caregivers.
- This year, eligibility for the high-dose influenza vaccine (Fluzone®) has been expanded to all residents 65 years of age and older.
- Also new this year, all Saskatchewan residents can book the entire family’s flu and COVID-19 vaccinations online in one appointment. Family appointments can also be booked by telephone at 1-833-SASKVAX (1-833-727-5829). Families may also visit an SHA walk-in clinic to receive their vaccinations.
Know before you go
- Bring your Saskatchewan health card with you to receive your immunization.
- Be prepared to wait an additional 15 minutes after receiving your immunization.
- Consent forms (where required) are available at clinic locations.
Become a FluWatcher
FluWatchers is an online health surveillance system that helps monitor the spread of flu-like illness across Canada. Become a volunteer FluWatcher today.
- You can also book your flu shot over the phone by calling 1-833-SASKVAX (1-833-727-5829).
- COVID-19 vaccines will be available at all SHA clinics.
You may also contact your local public health office.