Immunizations for the 2022-23 Immunization Campaign begins October 11, 2022.
Appointments open for booking starting October 4.
Choose one of the options for more information on influenza immunization
Materials to support you in the development of your service-line plan for patient and staff immunization, including: pre-printed orders, medical directives, training requirements etc. will be posted on the intranet. Please check this page regularly for updates.
The 2022-23 Publicly Funded (Free) Flu Vaccine Program
Early vaccination means you are better protected. The flu vaccine is a safe, effective way to help people stay healthy, prevent illness and save lives.
- Flu shots are available at: public health clinics across the province, some physician and nurse practitioner offices and in local pharmacies.
- Anyone six months and older can receive the flu vaccine.
- Children age six months to five years must be immunized at an SHA public flu clinic, a public health office, or by a physician or nurse practitioner.
- Getting vaccinated is especially important for people at high-risk of influenza complications (pregnant women, young children, elderly, persons with underlying health conditions, immune-compromised) and their caregivers.
- This year, eligibility for the high-dose influenza vaccine (Fluzone®) has been expanded to all residents 65 years of age and older.
- Also new this year, all Saskatchewan residents can book the entire family’s flu and COVID-19 vaccinations online in one appointment. Family appointments can also be booked by telephone at 1-833-SASKVAX (1-833-727-5829). Families may also visit an SHA walk-in clinic to receive their vaccinations.
Know before you go
- Bring your Saskatchewan health card with you to receive your immunization.
- Be prepared to wait an additional 15 minutes after receiving your immunization.
- Consent forms (where required) are available at clinic locations.
Become a FluWatcher
FluWatchers is an online health surveillance system that helps monitor the spread of flu-like illness across Canada. Become a volunteer FluWatcher today.
- You can also book your flu shot over the phone by calling 1-833-SASKVAX (1-833-727-5829).
- COVID-19 vaccines will be available at all SHA clinics.
You may also contact your local public health office.